Friday, August 9, 2013

About: The Review Score

     At the end of my bar and restaurant reviews you'll see a "Final Review" score. My scores, however, have a slightly different meaning than the ones you're probably used to. Make no mistake, a 5.0 is of course better than a 1.0, but it gets slightly subjective in the middle. Here's what the scores mean...

5.0 = This is one of the best of its kind in Daegu. You should go out of your way to come here.
4.0 = A good time here is almost guaranteed. Definitely stop by if you're in the area.
3.0 = This place is not bad. It is what you make of it.
2.0 = Some people might like it, but it's not worth your time for the most part.
1.0 = Avoid this place.
0.0 =  I don't think I'll ever actually use this one but if I do, watch out. Do not come here.

     As you can see, I'm basically rating the places based on how worthy of your time they are. If I'm torn between two scores then you might see a .5 rating to signify that I'm on the fence. As always though, everybody has different tastes. If you disagree with any of the reviews or would like more details as to why a particular score was chosen, please feel free to leave a comment. In fact if you have any questions at all about a particular aspect of a review or my experience there, just leave a comment. I'll be happy to reply and clear up any questions you might have.

Extra notes:
  • In the Breakdown smoking will always be mentioned as a neutral (=). Use your own discretion as to whether that's a positive or a negative for you. Smoking could get a negative point in a case where there is no ventilation and you can see the smoke sitting a foot thick on the ceiling.
  • I know that I say the "music is good" a lot. In most cases I'll try to let you know what kind of music is playing so that you can use your own judgement.
  • Price will play a big part in the review. This is not because I'm a cheapskate or something like that (maybe a little). Many people can't afford to go everywhere to see these things for themselves. I'm just trying to give you heads up. If Bar A charges 3000won for a 500cc beer, and Bar B charges 3000won for a 330cc beer, then this will affect their score, especially if they are in the same general area of town (downtown tends to be pricier).

No comments:

Post a Comment